Each new faculty member (clinical or academic) will have a welcoming, supportive relationship with (an) established mentor(s) throughout the initial years of their development at UBC.
- To assist junior faculty members in the management and progression of their academic career.
- To provide a forum for sharing wisdom and experience among faculty members.
- To facilitate a team approach to successful development of junior faculty.
- To develop skills in mentees and other junior faculty to enable them to become future mentors.
- To create mechanisms for rewarding contributions of senior faculty members that lead to success in junior colleagues.