As a new UBC community member, we encourage you to get acquainted with the University.
- For general information about your employment and services both on and off campus, please refer to the Before You Arrive page.
- For information about relocating to UBC and Vancouver, review the Welcome Guide on the UBC Work-Life Relocation Services Centre website.
- Virtual Orientation: Explore the Virtual Welcome and Resource Centre. The Quick Start Orientation is an online self-service vehicle that will customize information that you request to help you settle into your new position, find people and places, and familiarize yourself with all that UBC has to offer its employees and appointees.
- Vancouver Campus: The university-wide orientation provides a great way to connect with others who are new to campus. The orientations are coordinated by the Department of Human Resources. Visit the University-Wide Orientations page to view upcoming staff orientation dates.
- Okanagan Campus: Contact UBC Human Resources at the Okanagan campus (250.807.8833) for information on new Faculty and Staff Orientation activities. Learn more about Okanagan Orientations.
- Office/Department/Unit Orientations: Each Department or Unit will have its own orientation plan tailored for its own operational needs. You can go over a department/unit-based checklist with your Department Administrator or HR Advisor at the FOM to ensure you have everything you need (e.g., for keys, facility tours, business card orders, site orientation, etc.).