Requirements, deadlines and procedures for the MSFHR Innovation to Commercialization Award.
The MSFHR Innovation to Commercialization (I2C) Program funds health researchers to advance their discoveries or inventions towards commercialization resulting in products or technologies that improve health outcomes, and enrich BC's health innovation ecosystem.
Competition guidelines and instructions are available on the MSFHR website at
March 14, 2019|
Register to apply for I2C (Letter of Intent Deadline)
|Check with your Department/School|
Application package sent to Department Head/School Director office for review & approval
April 26, 2019|
Application package sent to Dean’s Office at UBC Point Grey campus, hard copy or via email, for review & approval (FoM Internal Deadline).
See below for application package details.
|May 1, 2019 | 8:30am||Applicant submits application on ApplyNet (UBC Host Institution Deadline)|
|May 2, 2019 | 4:30pm||ORS approves application on ApplyNet (MSFHR Application Deadline*)|
*Deadlines are subject to change. Always double check the dates with MSFHR.
- Check with your Department/School for its internal deadline for the review of your MSFHR I2C application. See below for a list of the required items.
- Your application package must be sent to the UBC Point Grey Dean's Office by
April 26, 2019. You have the option of dropping off a paper copy to the attention of Bryan Wong, Grant Applications Officer (Woodward IRC Building, Room 317), or sending it via email to
- The UBC Department Head/School Director will strive to submit their form on ApplyNet by April 30, 2019.
- Submit your application on ApplyNet by
8:30am on May 1, 2019.
- ORS will approve your application on ApplyNet for submission to MSFHR by 4:30pm on May 2, 2019.
Please remember that you can continue working on your research proposal up until you submit on ApplyNet on April 4, even after you have submitted your application package for review.
A complete application package consists of the following items:
Research Project Information Form, signed by the UBC Department Head or School Director. UBC Centre Director signature is also required if the applicant will be using research space within a Centre.
- First three sections from MSFHR Full Application, including Contact Information, Host Institution, and Project Information sections.
- Budget (using the Excel template provided by MSFHR).
- Intellectual Property Assessment form (from ApplyNet,
see "Intellectual Property Assessment Form" section below).
- Letters of collaboration, if any
- Letters of support, if any
Department Head Form
MSFHR requires the completion of the Department Head form online to support each application. Your UBC Department Head will submit this form on ApplyNet by April 30, 2019.
Intellectual Property Assessment Form
This is a fillable PDF document that must be completed jointly by the applicant and by a representative from UBC's University Industry Liaison Office (UILO).
Applicants requiring an IP assessment from UILO must disclose the technology by completing UILO's
Invention Disclosure Form. If you have questions regarding the IP assessment process, please contact Robyn Law (email@example.com).