Learn about UBC's easy to use, supported and free content management system (CMS).
WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
The Faculty of Medicine, in partnership with the Centre for Teaching, Learning & Technology (CTLT), offers the CMS service, which provides sites based on the WordPress open-source content management system.
easy to use, centrally supported and free.
The service is
intended for external or public-facing sites of operational units operated by members of the Faculty of Medicine. The Faculty's website
med.ubc.ca is hosted on this platform.
The Faculty encourages and supports the WordPress CMS as a web publishing platform for operational units.
- It's free
- Easy to use — you can concentrate on content rather than technical support and maintenance
- The UBC Common Look & Feel (CLF) comes pre-installed and out-of-the-box
- Provides the UBC Common Look and Feel to a site by default
- Optional features and plugins are available to add functionality to a site (e.g., faculty profiles)
- It's integrated with other UBC services such as campus-wide login (CWL) and UBC Events
- All of the software, server support, and system maintenance/upgrades is taken care of – no need to download software, nothing to install or configure
- Regular training and online resources to support content contributors and site owners
To request a website:
Please complete our
website request form or email the Communications Office. For more information, visit
Note: The WordPress CMS offering currently comes pre-installed with the UBC Common Look and Feel template and a UBC subdomain which may not be applicable to Faculty of Medicine units operated in partnership.
Difference: CMS vs Blogs
UBC Blogs is an university hosted weblogging platform designed to provide free individual or group webspace for the UBC community. See the
differences between UBC CMS and UBC Blogs.
The Faculty of Medicine Communications team provides regular training sessions to learn how to use UBC’s hosted WordPress service. To find the next scheduled session and to register, visit the Faculty's