Enabling your desktop to be supported remotely
The University Computer Management Service (UCMS) allows desktop support to be managed centrally and remotely. The UCMS service enhances consistency in a technology environment by offering the capability to manage desktop services such as software installations, configurations, and operating system images across multiple workstations.
Other benefits include:
- Hardware and software reporting capability for better planning of computer and software upgrades in the future
- Remote software deployments (Enable your IT department to deploy software remotely on your computer)
- Software self-service (Enable you to install software that have been made available to you without the need for contacting your IT department)
- Remote support for technical issues (authorization will be requested each time prior to establishing a connection between support analyst and user)
- Devices will be in compliance with security updates and information security policies