Meet the PGME users who have been involved throughout the project, from requirements gathering to software selection and implementation.
The Resident Management System (RMS) is an administrative system implemented by the Faculty of Medicine to help PGME program staff effectively manage academic and administrative records for the growing number of residents across the province. The objective of RMS is to reduce the administrative time and effort required to manage resident information, track rotation exceptions (i.e. leaves of absence, part-time training), and streamline the processes for promotions, statutory holiday pay, intake, registration, and payroll.
The Resident Management Project was launched in August 2013 and RMS was implemented in June 2014. The Business Working Team (BWT) which was formed to develop, define, and implement the Resident Management System has extended their commitment to the project by transitioning into the RMS Governance Committee.
MedIT hosts the application, interacts with the vendor (MicroPact), and also funnels change requests to RMS. This committee is responsible for providing oversight of the implementation of further phases of RMS; identifying and addressing operational issues as they arise, providing input to new features or changes, and providing oversight to continuous quality improvement of the Resident Management System.
- Improve the efficiency and enhance the quality of postgraduate administrative management.
- Champion and promote RMS to all PGME programs.
- Act as a representative on behalf of the users of RMS to ensure the accurate and consistent management of resident information.
- Review recommendations and address concerns escalated by MedIT and Educational Administrative Systems Support.
- Evaluate and recommend the development of new features and changes to RMS to ensure the system remains current, relevant and sustainable. Refer requests to the appropriate persons/committee for final approval (e.g. Educational Administrative Systems Advisory Committee, Postgraduate Dean’s Office, etc.)
- To update and maintain a prioritized list of new system enhancements and change requests from RMS users and stakeholders.
- To maintain, verify, and communicate business process workflow changes broadly to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- To develop and enforce policies and procedures on RMS, as appropriate.
- To develop and implement a data integrity strategy.
- To identify and escalate issues requiring financial support or strategic guidance to the Educational Administrative Systems Advisory Committee and Postgraduate Dean’s Office.
- To identify potential process implications and functionality impact of other current and future administrative systems relevant to RMS.
- To maintain common business language documents (CBL).
Postgraduate Medication Education
Manager, Service Delivery & Enablement for Education Administrative Systems
Educational Administrative Systems Support
Educational Administrative Systems Support Analysts
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Medical Education
Postgraduate Dean’s Office
Postgraduate Medical Education
Postgraduate Medical Education
Postrgraduate Medical Education
Postgraduate Medical Education Program Administrators and Managers
last update: Marc 4, 2018/DC