The UBC community is invited to comment on a new draft of proposed Policy #131 – Sexual Assault And Other Sexual Misconduct.
The new draft policy retains some of the key aspects of the earlier version, such as:
- The principles and commitments UBC will follow
- Definitions for key terms such as 'sexual misconduct', 'consent', 'disclosure', 'report'
- Details of UBC's support services and accommodations
- UBC's commitment to confidentiality and privacy, and information about when UBC might be legally obligated to protect or disclose personal information.
As a result of feedback received on the initial draft and the new BC legislation, the new draft policy now includes:
- A broader scope, to cover all forms of sexual misconduct
- A description of UBC's new Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office and the services it will provide
- Procedures setting out a separate and distinct investigatory process to address reports of sexual misconduct
Please submit feedback through the Office of the University Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org or through this confidential feedback survey form by March 14, 2017.
In addition, there will be two public information sessions. One will take place on the Vancouver campus on February 28, 2017, and one will take place on the Okanagan campus on March 6, 2017. Learn more.
For more information and updates on the policy's development and the sexual assault action plan, click here.