Jointly presented by the Department of Human Resources and the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT), this event is designed to help new staff members to:
- Learn more about UBC's research, students, places, and community;
- Hear first-hand from colleagues about how to have a successful transition and first year;
- Meet colleagues from across the Vancouver campus; and
- Experience UBC's unique culture, diversity, architecture, and physical setting.
The day's events include an optional guided tour at the Museum of Anthropology before the main event or a tour of the UBC campus. The Orientation will be followed by a Wine and Cheese networking event hosted by the Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic.
Light lunch will be served between 12:00PM – 1:00PM.
Please note, this event is open to NEW STAFF who began their positions between June 1 and July 31, 2018. If your start date falls outside of these dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For new Staff members, please register here.
New FACULTY members, please register here.
Please indicate when registering if you will be attending:
- 11:00AM – 12:00PM – Museum of Anthropology Tour OR UBC Campus Tour
- 12:00PM – 1:00PM – Registration + Light Lunch
- 1:00PM – 4:00PM – New Faculty & Staff Orientation
- 4:00PM – 5:00PM – Wine and Cheese Networking Reception
Part of what makes UBC such a great place to work is our sense of community. We are all part of this vibrant community, working together to support learning, research and understanding.
Please join us for the Welcome to UBC orientation session and learn more about UBC – including research, students, places, and community – and the opportunities available here. You'll have the chance to get to know new colleagues from across UBC Vancouver and exploring the UBC community together in a positive way.