FLEX Course Newsletter
1. New FLEX Proposal Submission Form
An update to the FLEX Proposal Submission Form has been made as of February 19th.
What has changed?
- The FLEX Program is in the process of transitioning to a new survey tool. This required an update to the current FLEX Proposal Submission form.
- The updated form looks a little different than the old form as some minor content changes have been made.
- The new form operates best using Chrome and Firefox web browsers; Internet Explorer 11 will not be supported until further notice.
What has stayed the same?
- You will not need to re-enter your existing proposals into this new system. This only applies to any new proposals you wish to submit from this point forward.
Please note: The MEDD 429 dates in the current online FLEX proposal form are relevant to the academic year (2017-2018) and should not be filled-out. We will add the dates for the next academic year 2018-2019 shortly.
2. Reminder that MEDD 419 student schedules have changed this year
In response to student and supervisor feedback, MEDD 419 students this year have been given until April 6 to create their FLEX Project Proposal in consultation with their Activity Supervisor. Students have Monday afternoons from March 5th free in their schedules to work on their plans. Once their plans have been checked and approved by their MEDD 419 FLEX Advisor, they can start working in their activity. The MEDD 419 full time, 6-week block is April 23 to June 1.
3. MEDD 429 will change to 3 week April block in the academic year 2019-2020
For educational and Activity Supervisor preference reasons, the MEDD 429 full time, block time will change from the current 2 x 2 Week block (one each in December and April) to a 1 x 3 Week block (in April) in September 2019. So the 2 x 2 Week block schedule will stay the same for the upcoming September 2018 academic year. A big thank-you to the 151 Activity Supervisors who responded to our Activity Supervisor survey.
Questions or comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org