Learn more about the Faculty of Medicine’s programs, departments, schools, centres and institutes.
An overview of the Faculty
Ranked among the world’s top medical schools with the fifth-largest MD enrollment in North America, the UBC Faculty of Medicine is a leader in both the science and the practice of medicine. Across British Columbia, more than 12,000 faculty and staff are training the next generation of doctors and health care professionals, making remarkable discoveries, and helping to create the pathways to better health for our communities at home and around the world.
Vision & values
As one of the world’s leading medical schools, UBC’s Faculty of Medicine has a bold vision: to transform health for everyone.
Our values: Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Collaboration, Equity
To learn more, watch the film and download the vision and values screensaver, visit vision.med.ubc.ca.
Distributed learning model
The Faculty of Medicine is distributed across the province, including:
- 4 University Academic Campuses
- The University of British Columbia – Vancouver Campus
- The University of British Columbia – Okanagan Campus
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Victoria
- 11 Clinical Academic Campuses
- 17 Affiliated Regional Centres
- 65+ Community Education Facilities/ Rural and Distributed Sites
To learn more, visit our campuses page. For maps, directions and general building information, visit the maps and directions directory.
The UBC Faculty of Medicine delivers innovative programs in the areas of health and life sciences through a province-wide delivery model. Programs are available at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels, as well as through continuing professional education and public education initiatives.
To learn more, visit our programs page.
Academic & research units
Teaching and research in the Faculty of Medicine is delivered through our departments, schools, and research institutes and centres.
To learn more, visit our academic and research units page.
- Alumni Affairs
- Clinical Faculty Affairs
- Digital Solutions (formally known as MedIT)
- Office of Creative & Communications
- Office of the Vice-Dean, Education
- Office of the Vice-Dean, Health Engagement
- Office of the Vice-Dean, Research
- Office of Respectful Environments, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Faculty Affairs & Human Resources
- Finance Service Team
- Government Relations
- Medical Students & Alumni Centre (MSAC)
- Space Planning & Facilities Management