2013 Call for Nominations: Faculty of Medicine Standing Committees
To: Voting Members of the Faculty of Medicine
From: Gavin C. E. Stuart, MD, FRCSC, Dean, Faculty of Medicine
Date: March 26, 2013
You are invited to submit nominations to fill vacancies as of July 1, 2013 on a number of the Faculty’s major standing committees. An election by voting members of Faculty will be conducted in the late Spring, after this call for nominations is complete.
- Terms of Reference and Current Members of Standing Committees with vacancies that must be filled as of July 1, 2013.
- An indication of the approximate time commitment of each committee.
- A list of individuals proposed by Faculty Nominating Committee as replacement for each vacancy.
- A Nomination Form (recommended browser: Chrome or Firefox) for your additional nominations to be completed and signed by two voting members of Faculty, as well as by the nominee.
- A Nominee’s Statement Form (recommended browser: Chrome or Firefox) for nominees to provide a brief statement of no more than 150 words to accompany the ballots made available to voters. This form, in “Word” format, may be emailed to the Dean’s Office under separate cover (email@example.com).
- General Eligibility Notes.
To view an overview of the governance and major standing committees, please visit the FoM Overview of Governance and Major Standing Committees Organization Chart.
Please return your completed and signed nomination forms & nominee statements by midnight, Monday, April 15, 2013, to the attention of Patricia Lou, Governance & Recognition Assistant by mail/delivery/fax/email to:
Dean’s Office, Faculty of Medicine
317-2194 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
Fax: 604 822-6061
If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Faculty of Medicine is committed to equitable and diverse representation in its students, faculty, staff and administration, as outlined in the Faculty of Medicine Strategic Directions and in Valuing Difference: A Strategy for Advancing Equity and Diversity at UBC. Please bear in mind this commitment to equity in the nomination and selection process for committee members and other leadership positions within the Faculty.