Two awards of start up funding for new recruits are available from the Faculty of Medicine. A maximum of $10,000 may be awarded.
Deadline: The 2017 competition is now closed. The next competition will likely close in late June, 2018.
Applicants must be in the first two years of a full-time faculty appointment as Assistant Professor and higher, or a Clinical faculty appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor and higher in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia.
Previous awardees of UBC Faculty of Medicine Start Up Funds, and applicants who have received $200,000 or more in Start Up Funds from other sources, are ineligible.
Criteria for Use of Funds
Research equipment, research supplies and/or research services (e.g. cost recovery payments to core equipment) and research support salaries (e.g. technical personnel).
A maximum of $10,000 will be awarded to the successful applicant(s).
Applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of Faculty members within the Faculty of Medicine. Consideration will be given to the following factors:
- What is the potential and quality of the proposed research?
- Whare are the proposed uses and impact of the funds?
- Does the applicant have sufficient time to devote to research?
- Is the scholarly productivity of the applicant commensurate with the stage of career?
- Will the applicant be competitive for external funding?
2017 FoM Point Grey Start Up Funds Application Form
Email complete application package to: Dr. Robert McMaster, Interim Executive Associate Dean, Research c/o email@example.com.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Completed application form
- UBC CV (including publication list)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
TBA/Likely late June 2018.
For any questions regarding this award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.