As a new UBC community member, we encourage you to get acquainted with the University.
- For general information about your employment and services both on and off campus, please refer to the Before You Arrive page.
- For information about relocating to UBC and Vancouver, review the Welcome Guide on the UBC Work-Life Relocation Services Centre website.
- Virtual Orientation: Explore UBC HR’s Orientation website.
- Vancouver Campus: The university-wide orientation provides a great way to connect with others who are new to campus. The orientations are coordinated by the Department of Human Resources. Visit the University-Wide Orientations page to view upcoming staff orientation dates.
- Okanagan Campus: Contact UBC Human Resources at the Okanagan campus (250.807.8833) for information on new Faculty and Staff Orientation activities. Learn more about Okanagan Orientations.
- Office/Department/Unit Orientations: Each Department or Unit will have its own orientation plan tailored for its own operational needs. You can go over a department/unit-based checklist with your Department/School administrator or HR advisor in the Faculty of Medicine to ensure you have everything you need (e.g., for keys, facility tours, business card orders, site orientation, etc.).