Promotion and tenure reviews are some of the most, if not the most, important decisions we make as an academic community in the Faculty of Medicine. Here you will find guides, checklists, templates and summary maps of the promotion and tenure process.
- The SAC Guide to Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion at UBC 2021 (Updated September 2020): The is the 2020 edition of the UBC Guide to Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure Procedures and details the Department Head/School Director’s responsibilities during the reappointment, promotion and tenure review process. Summary of Revisions for SAC Guide explains the most recent update from September 2020.
- FoM Guideline for the Streamlined Appointments Process for Senior Faculty Appointments: Information on the criteria and guidelines for the Streamlined Appointment Process.
- FoM Teaching Evidence Guide for Department Heads and School Directors (rev Nov 2012)
- DH Guidelines – Presentations to Faculty ARPT Committee (March 2021)
- Guidelines – Professional Contributions 2020-21
- Guidelines – Scholarship of Teaching 2020-21
- Overall Summary Map for the Promotion & Tenure Review Process: This process maps show the full promotion & tenure review process from beginning to end.
- Faculty ARPT Process Map: This process map shows the flow of promotion and tenure review documents once they arrive in the FoM Dean’s Office.
- Record of Meeting with Department Head/School Director: Suggested format to record the annual meeting between the candidate and the Department Head or School Director.
- FoM Heads Letter of Recommendation: Suggested format for the letter of recommendation to the Dean (rev Sep 2021).
- Voting: The voting process for new tenure stream appointments, promotion and tenure reviews.