Learn more about the Faculty’s new Finance Service Team and services introduced in January 2014.
Finance Service Team
Contact: Senior Director, Finance: Andrew Glynn
Five “cluster” finance teams have been introduced to enable the Faculty’s Finance Service Team to support the financial needs of the Faculty.
Contact: Associate Director: Chi Haung
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Research Centre
- Brain Research Centre
- Cellular & Physiological Sciences
- Centre for Blood Research
- Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Contact: Associate Director: Devni De Silva
Departments/ Schools/ Centres:
- Anesthesiology, Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- School of Audiology and Speech Sciences
- Family Practice
- School of Population and Public Health
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy
Contact: Director: Janet Wang
- Dean's Office, including
- MD Undergraduate Education
- Postgraduate Medical Education
- Expansion for medical education
- Continuing Professional Development
- Centre for Health Education Scholarship
- Evaluation Studies Unit
- Centre for Hip Health & Mobility
- James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre
- Providence Health Care Research Institute (PCHRI)
- Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI)
Contact: Associate Director: Allison Kim
- Dermatology & Skin Science
- Emergency Medicine
Contact: Associate Director: Jim Wong
- BC Cancer Agency
- Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics (CMMT)
- Child & Family Research Institute (CFRI)
- Medical Genetics
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Vancouver Prostate Centre
- UBC Centre for Disease Control
- Urologic Sciences
What is the Finance Service Team?
The Finance Service Team is a team of trained finance staff, who are dedicated to delivering and handling financial services to faculty and staff, and supporting the overall financial needs of the Faculty. The Finance Service Team is divided into five cluster finance teams that provide dedicated support to a specific group of units (known as “clusters”) in the Faculty. The Finance Service Team is led by the Senior Director, Finance.
What is a Cluster Finance Team?
A “cluster finance team” is a team responsible for delivering and handling financial services and support to a specific group (“cluster”) of departments/schools/centres/Dean’s Office units. The cluster finance teams also provide stronger support to units regarding financial planning. This approach will ensure we provide consistency, standards and accountability in how we process and approach finances across the Faculty. Each cluster finance team is led by an Associate Director/Director, Finance.
What will change?
Specifically, this will change how faculty and staff transactions such as expenses are processed and supported across the Faculty, providing faster reimbursements. More information and full details for each department, school, centre and Dean’s Office unit will soon be available.
This includes establishing cluster finance teams who are responsible for delivering and handling financial services and support to a specific group (“cluster”) of departments/schools/centres/Dean’s Office units.
New processes began rolling out in January 2014. More information and specific details for each department, school, centre and Dean’s Office unit will soon be available.
The implementation of the Finance Service Team comes after more than a year of planning. It follows the implementation of a new university-wide Finance reporting structure and a Faculty review process aimed at improving accountability, collaboration and transparency. This approach will allow us to provide faster reimbursements, stronger support to units, improve adoption of financial best practices, and provides enhanced career paths, professional development and mentoring for finance staff across the Faculty.
Contact your department/school/centre/Dean's Office administrative unit, or the Associate Director for your unit.